[Wikimedia-l] Board resolutions on bylaw amendments and appointment of Foundation staff officers

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Tue Nov 6 10:18:24 UTC 2012

Hi SJ,

to boldly push my question again: do I understand from this correctly there
was at this instance (in your opinion) no urgency that would validate the
chosen procedure? I know you seem to be in favor of this change as much as
I am, but I'm simply trying to understand if there are situations where
this procedure would still find strong objections.

(I understand the drive of people to discuss the contents of the change. I
myself feel uncomfortable with it as well - but the board clearly decided,
and the changes are a fact now. I consider it extremely unlikely that a
majority of 10-0 will go back on their steps because some people in the
community don't like the particular change.)

Best regards,
Lodewijk