[Wikimedia-l] Under block threat on fr.wp because of request on meta

Florence Devouard anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 4 16:59:09 UTC 2012

If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

It is disruptive to propose the removal of actual checkusers whilst
there is no procedure in place to replace them on the spot, leaving an
obvious and unsuitable vacuum.

It is disruptive to request the immediate removal of all actual
checkusers whilst not having a serious reason to do so (such as an
abusive use from ALL checkusers of their tools).

It is inappropriate to request such removal without first making a
replacement proposition to avoid the vaccum situation.

it is inappropriate to request such removal without first discussing it
with the French community to get an agreement.

Freedom of speech does not mean warranty the right to say anything,
anywhere to anyone. There are always social norms. Freedom of speech is
a fundamental principle, just as respecting basic social rules of your
community also is. IAR always come with a risk.

F.