[Wikimedia-l] WMF Board portal drafted on meta

Alice Wiegand awiegand at wikimedia.org
Sat Nov 3 23:06:46 UTC 2012

Hi all,

not sure if I'm the only one. But too often I've gone mad while seeking for
essential information regarding the Board. If it's dates, composition of
committees, whatever. Some information is on meta, some on the foundation's
wiki, and some is well kept only in somebody's head (whoever that is). And
we are not really good in keeping our own history. It is so hard to find
former compositions, initiatives or fundamental discussions. Could be a
project of its own maybe.

The ongoing discussion started by Lodewijk reminds me of an older idea, a
starting point like a portal. And here it is:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WMF_Board_portal

It's quite ugly and only a rough draft yet. It needs helping hands to
become nicer and as informative as you want it to be. And I ask you to
help. Please let me know which information you want to find there. What is
missing, what needs more explanation. Help is appreciated, please feel free
to add items, edit, rearrange and reformat to make it smarter and nicer.

Resolutions, policies and charters as part of the organization's core
decisions are published on the foundation's wiki, and that's fine as far as
they are findable. A lot of other things can and will be done on meta. Both
parts can be collected on the portal and I hope it can help to provide
easier access to what is going on.

Regards, Alice.