[Wikimedia-l] Democratizing the Wikimedia Foundation

Bishakha Datta bishakhadatta at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 05:50:32 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 11:11 PM, Lodewijk <lodewijk at effeietsanders.org>wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have set up a brainstorming page on metawiki (
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Democratizing_the_Wikimedia_Foundation)
> where I would like to invite you to think about ways to democratize the
> Wikimedia Foundation.
>
> This doesn't mean that the Wikimedia Foundation is totally undemocratic,
> but it does mean that in my humble opinion, improvements are possible.

Agree with the reading that improvements are possible - the page name is a
bit dramatic, with an underlying whiff of revolution: Democratize!
(exclamation mine).

Personally, I think this is a timely, useful and constructive initiative
and I've added a bunch of comments to the page.

Hope we will hear from a wider cross-section of the community.

Cheers
Bishakha