[Wikimedia-l] Board resolutions on bylaw amendments and appointment of Foundation staff officers

Bence Damokos bdamokos at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 16:33:56 UTC 2012

Hi Bishakha,

In my opinion, given the generally curious nature of our movement, it might
be a good idea to make more preparatory material for the board meetings
available publicly in advance.
Not necessarily as a way to allow comments or input, but as a matter of
transparency. Especially for proposals that are not likely to be changed
during the meeting (e.g. the technical bylaw amendments) and that will
become public as a result of the board vote, it might be possible to
publish them in advance without any adverse consequences, and resulting in
greater transparency.

(In this regard, the fact that Sue's recommendations were on Meta already
was a great step; without knowing the exact deliberations that happened at
the meeting, probably the bylaw amendments and the committee charters could
have been made public in advance.)

Best regards,
Bence