[Wikimedia-l] Board resolutions on bylaw amendments and appointment of Foundation staff officers

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Fri Nov 2 11:23:57 UTC 2012

Dear Bishakha,

could you please elaborate why the board has chosen for a secretive
amendment procedure here, rather than sharing the proposed amendments with
the community and asking their input on it? Especially where it concerns
such non-trivial changes.

I hope that also other board members will share their view on this process,
and why they didn't ask input of the community themselves. I would have
expected such questions especially from those board members that were
(s)elected by the community and/or the chapters. Do you consider such
community discussions unwanted? Was there an exceptional legal threat that
required these changes at short notice?

Kind regards,
Lodewijk