[Wikimedia-l] The new narrowed focus by WMF

Ed Erhart the.ed17 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 09:52:03 UTC 2012

While I agree that this page *could *have been made more visible, Sue had
little reason to widely advertise it, and I do not understand why do you
think the WMF should have formally announced it. It was a work page for her
personal brainstorming, one that was "not a collaborative process" and
certainly not an official WMF page.

This is what we have the *Signpost *for, and it was covered there on 8
October under "In brief" (
http://enwp.org/WP:Wikipedia_Signpost/2012-10-08/News_and_notes).

Regards,
--Ed