[Wikimedia-l] The new narrowed focus by WMF

ENWP Pine deyntestiss at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 1 09:14:18 UTC 2012

I appreciate the comments of Jan-Bart and DeltaQuad regarding process and
openness, although I feel that we're veering off topic a little from the
subject of COIs.

Since we're veering anyway, I would like to make a distinction between
providing openness and providing notice. To the best of my ability to see,
Sue's deliberations weren't announced here on Wikimedia-l by anyone from
WMF. I appreciate Sue having the discussion in the open, but I think the
notice to the community that these deliberations were happening was little
to none from what I can tell. Notice to Wikimedia-l and Research-l was
provided by me (not anyone from WMF) when I found the proposal's pages a
mere two days before Sue's stated wrap-up date of October 14. From my point
of view, the absence of notice to the community via this list was a
communications shortcoming that I feel is worrisome. I informed a staffer of
this on his talk page but he didn't acknowledge my comment, which further
heightens my concern about communications gaps, so if someone at WMF could
tell me to whom I should address my concern about these communications
issues, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Pine