[Wikimedia-l] Study: Nobody cares about your copyright

Mike Linksvayer ml at gondwanaland.com
Mon May 21 15:35:18 UTC 2012

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 6:31 AM, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 21 May 2012 13:09, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So, is the time ripe yet for us to start pushing for a 14-year term,
>> or do we wait a bit? I suggest we start contemplating it, however.
>
> The most pirated bit of content at the moment appears to be game of
> thrones so I'm not sure what 14 years has to do with anything.

0 years best, but I think some unauthorized sharing data could support
a merely shorter term -- recent, popular titles are the most shared
titles, but older titles constitute bulk of sharing, and presumably
most in need of distributed curation. That was my takeway from
http://ijoc.org/ojs/index.php/ijoc/article/view/1261/712 which
admittedly only looks at some Hungarian filesharing networks. I'd be
mildly surprised if similar didn't hold true worldwide.

Mike