[Wikimedia-l] Fire Drill Re: Wikimedia sites not easy to archive (Was Re: Knol is closing tomorrow )

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Fri May 18 09:14:30 UTC 2012

Hello People,
I have completed my first set in uploading the osm/fosm dataset (350gb
unpacked) to archive.org
http://osmopenlayers.blogspot.de/2012/05/upload-finished.html

We can do something similar with wikipedia, the bucket size of
archive.org is 10gb, we need to split up the data in a way that it is
useful. I have done this by putting each object on one line and each
file contains the full data records and the parts that belong to the
previous block and next block, so you are able to process the blocks
almost stand alone.

mike