[Wikimedia-l] Public Google Calendar for IRC office hours

Steven Walling steven.walling at gmail.com
Sat May 5 01:01:47 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 5:42 PM, Michael Peel
<michael.peel at wikimedia.org.uk>wrote:

> Open source calendar software is trivially available. Or there's wikis and
> microformats. Or even hand-crafted calendar files. Google calendars may be
> a popular solution, but they're a recent one and are hardly the only
> solution out there. And they're definitely not a mission-aligned solution.
>
> Mike

If anyone would like to markup the wiki page with hcal microformats that
would be great. If you would like to file a bug request for an installation
of your preferred open source calendar software, then that would be even
better. My personal favorite is the very wiki-like software that powers
calagator.org, though it's Ruby and unlikely to be something our developer
community can support.

In the meantime, this is simply an addition to the FOSS platform already
being used as the central repository of info about office hours, as others
have pointed out.

Thanks,

Steven