[Wikimedia-l] Public Google Calendar for IRC office hours

Thehelpfulone thehelpfulonewiki at gmail.com
Sat May 5 00:56:28 UTC 2012

On 5 May 2012 01:49, James Alexander <jamesofur at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Mike,
>
> I'm confused, as Oliver and I pointed out this is already on the wiki
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC_office_hours#Upcoming_office_hours ?
>
> In my opinion the main goal of the mission is getting information and
> education out to everyone as much as we can. This seems completely in line
> with that mission having it both on the wiki (completely open source,
> editable etc) and on another, heavily used and requested, location.
> Refusing to put it on google calendar solely because it's closed source
> would, in my mind, by nuts.
>
> James

I agree with James and Oliver - this is not a replacement of the existing
office hours that are timetabled on Meta-Wiki, instead just a duplication
of them in a format that will be easier for people to add to their mobile
devices (phones, tablets) and for people that use Google Calendars for
personal use, they will be able to see the IRC office hours with their
normal calendar so as to raise awareness and increase community
participation in them.

Thehelpfulone