[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Wikimedia Sverige hires Project manager for GLAM and outreach projects

Steven Walling swalling at wikimedia.org
Thu May 3 17:37:44 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 3:33 AM, Jan Ainali <jan.ainali at wikimedia.se> wrote:

> Axel Pettersson (User:Haxpett), who has been the press contact for the
> Swedish Wikipedia and also on the board of Wikimedia Sverige will work full
> time from Monday. Axel, who has studied computer science and leaves the
> role as a project manager for radio networks, has for some time already
> been doing volunteer work in the GLAM sector for the chapter. Please join
> me in extending a warm welcome to him!

Congratulations Axel!

While the office managers and other positions that some chapters are
choosing for their first hire are quite necessary, I think it's
exceptionally good to see a chapter focusing on outreach work in its
professional development.

Sounds like we'll see lots more cool projects coming out of
Wikimedia Sverige soon.  :)

--
Steven Walling
https://wikimediafoundation.org/