[Wikimedia-l] Updated Terms of Use

Richard Symonds richard.symonds at wikimedia.org.uk
Tue May 1 13:34:37 UTC 2012

I don't think it does say that, or if it does, I can't see where. You're
certainly liable if you break a law in your own country, but I don't think
you've broken the terms of use. It says that

> "Certain activites may subject you to liabilities... [for example] using
> the services in a manner that is inconsistent with applicable law."

This means, to my eyes, that you're potentially liable (to someone) if you
break the law in your own country - which makes perfect sense to me.

But then, I am not a lawyer, nor do I work for the WMF.

Richard Symonds
Wikimedia UK
0207 065 0992
Disclaimer viewable at