[Wikimedia-l] Board visitors resolution passed

Michael Peel michael.peel at wikimedia.org.uk
Thu Jun 28 11:20:18 UTC 2012

On 28 Jun 2012, at 05:44, Samuel Klein wrote:

> How many visitors do you normally have at a meeting, and who are they?

Typically around 2-4 per meeting. For example, see the 'attendees' list at the top of the agenda for our April board meeting:
http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Agenda_21Apr12
They are typically local, active Wikimedia volunteers.

> What sorts of interaction do they have / are they voiced?

They mostly observe the meeting, but can make comments occasionally (with the chair's permission). Visitors can also give presentations, upon invitation or acceptance of an offer of a presentation.

> How are they invited / made aware of the possibility?

Mostly word of mouth, or by taking a look at our meeting agenda - e.g. our next board meeting is in London this weekend, and there's an open invitation in the 'Attendees' part of the agenda page:
http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Agenda_30Jun12

Thanks,
Mike