[Wikimedia-l] Board visitors resolution passed

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 04:44:01 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 12:15 AM, Michael Peel
<michael.peel at wikimedia.org.uk> wrote:

> +1. Compare and contrast with WMUK board meetings, where we regularly have several (different) visitors attending each meeting, and also webcast our board meetings wherever
> possible. We have 'in-camera' elements as needed to protect the limited amount of confidential discussion we need to have, but otherwise we're striving for as much
> transparency and openness as possible. We've yet to encounter distractions as a result
that haven't been rather constructive in the discussions that were being held.

How many visitors do you normally have at a meeting, and who are they?
 What sorts of interaction do they have / are they voiced?  How are
they invited / made aware of the possibility?

> I think that this visitor's resolution is a great step forward for transparency at the Board level of the WMF, but please consider being BOLD and walking down the rest of the path. :-)

I'd like that; and would like to see specific policies that other orgs
implement to this end.

SJ