[Wikimedia-l] TVTropes deletes all pages with "Rape" in title under advertising pressure.

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 15:35:15 UTC 2012

On 27 June 2012 16:30, David Richfield <davidrichfield at gmail.com> wrote:

> Wow, they moved fast!  I read the blog post and then went to check,
> and found the supposedly deleted articles up, less than a full day
> after the original mailing list email, so I assumed there had to be
> some mistake.  How long were the articles actually deleted?

Coupla days. But it turns out TVtropes is big enough that the Internet
now notices when Google starts getting into corporate censorship.
Also, the Tropers were more than a little annoyed at the response of
the site's founder and proprietor.

The site is CC by-sa, but I don't think there are downloadable dumps
or anything.

- d.