[Wikimedia-l] TVTropes deletes all pages with "Rape" in title under advertising pressure.

David Richfield davidrichfield at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 15:02:36 UTC 2012

This must be the most misleading mailing list title I've seen in a
long time.  Almost all of these tropes are untouched:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SexualHarassmentAndRapeTropes?from=Main.RapeTropes
- it seems they just had a problem with Google withdrawing ad revenue
because they hadn't clearly demarcated all the pages which were not OK
according to Google's terms.

With that said, it does make a great case for why Wikimedia should
remain independent: we have enough to do to ensure the quality of our
project without also worrying about whether we'll irritate Google.

[[:en:User:Slashme]]