[Wikimedia-l] TVTropes deletes all pages with "Rape" in title under advertising pressure.

Marc A. Pelletier marc at uberbox.org
Wed Jun 27 13:05:43 UTC 2012

On 27/06/2012 12:10 AM, Anthony wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 3:30 PM, Kim Bruning<kim at bruning.xs4all.nl>  wrote:
>> The SOPA strike was necessary for us to retain neutrality.
> Figuratively speaking, or do you think it actually made a whit of difference?

I'm pretty sure it had an effect; if only that of increased media
coverage (Wikipedia's visible action did focus much of the coverage).
To me, at least, it seems evident that the backlash against SOPA was
stoked by that media coverage.

So yes, I'm pretty sure it did make a difference.

-- Coren / Marc