[Wikimedia-l] IRC office hours "The future of e-mail usage in Wikimedia projects" 2012-07-18 16:30 UTC

Denny Vrandečić denny.vrandecic at wikimedia.de
Tue Jun 26 11:47:42 UTC 2012

2012/6/26 Risker <risker.wp at gmail.com>:
> On 25 June 2012 13:56, Steven Walling <steven.walling at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 5:54 PM, Risker <risker.wp at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Excuse me. Just about a month ago, we had a discussion about spreading
>> out
>> > the times during which office hours would be hosted. Instead of increased
>> > diversity in times, it seems ALL office hours are now being scheduled
>> > during a very narrow window of time from roughly 1530 UTC to 1800 UTC.

> Now, it's entirely possible that the WMF staff and those of other projects
> using the "usual" timeslot have decided that their target audience is the
> people who are available during that timeslot (I don't think Wikidata's
> ever had an office hours outside of the same slot, for example).  However,

Since we have been named explicitly: our three English office hours
have so far been at 16:30 UTC (twice) and 12:00 UTC (once), so one out
of three was outside that narrow band you mentioned.

I have to admit that the next one was again scheduled for 16:30 UTC,
but in order to respond to the critique we will move it to 22:00 UTC
(which is, by the way, midnight for us. I hope that someone
appreciates that effort).

We will try to keep that in mind for further scheduling and to make it
more diverse, and if we do not, anyone is free to remind us. We're not
perfect :)

Thanks for pointing it out,
Cheers,
Denny

--
Project director Wikidata
Tel. +49-30-219 158 26-0 | http://wikimedia.de

unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das