[Wikimedia-l] Who invoked "principle of least surprise" for the image filter?

Tobias Oelgarte tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 21 21:48:26 UTC 2012

Am 21.06.2012 22:51, schrieb Anthony:
> On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 4:44 PM, Tobias Oelgarte
> <tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com>  wrote:
>> Can you point me to any examples of real "child abuse", "sexual abuse" or of
>> "child sexual abuse"?
> On Wikipedia?  On Commons?  Anywhere?
Do i really need to answer this question, depending on where we discuss?

> For "child sexual abuse", I was referring mainly to the Virgin Killer
> image (and as I said, whether or not the image constitutes this is
> disputed).
You call the Virgin Killer image "child sexual abuse"? Truly?

> For "child abuse", see
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Erichsen_Abused_San_or_Nama_child_prisoners_p._52_v2.jpg

I don't see any problem with this image. It documents child abuse as a
fact without advocating it.

> For "sexual abuse", a simple search came up with
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:AG-10.jpg (which isn't on the
> English Wikipedia except through image search, but is on other
> language Wikipedias.
I would be truly shocked if that image or another version of it isn't used.

Are that examples of images you find shocking or that should not be
shown on Wikipedia or hosted on Commons?