[Wikimedia-l] Larry Sanger rides again

geni geniice at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 22:43:33 UTC 2012

On 2 June 2012 23:33, Seth Finkelstein <sethf at sethf.com> wrote:
>        Whatever one thinks of Larry Sanger's campaign regarding
> sexual material on Wikipedia or Commons, and I'm not endorsing
> everything he says, it should be clear from examination that he holds
> his views sincerely. Personally attacking him along the lines of being
> malicious and insincere, which is quite false, only adds weight to his
> critique about (my phrasing) the bunker-mentality culture.

I think that's something of a miss-statement of his position. In fact
he explicitly states that he thinks the problem is due to the attitude
of  adolescent-minded-young-men. His proposed solution of the 21
century equiv of letter writing again suggests that he doesn't view a
bunker mentality as the problem.

--
geni