[Wikimedia-l] First staff member and new office at Wikimedia DC

Kirill Lokshin kirill.lokshin at wikimediadc.org
Fri Jun 1 21:54:02 UTC 2012

I'm very pleased to announce two new developments at Wikimedia DC.

First, we'd like to welcome our first staff member, Lisa Marrs, who will be
assisting us as an Outreach & Program Coordination Intern over the next
several months.  Lisa's duties will include coordinating our outreach
efforts and acting as a primary point of contact for cultural and
educational institutions; preparing our external communications, including
blog posts, press releases, and social media postings; and supporting the
organizing teams of Wikimania 2012 and Wiki Loves Monuments USA 2012.

Second, we've moved into our new office space, which is located at 1875 K
Street NW in Washington, DC.  We'll be using this space through at least
the end of September; it will be both a work area for Lisa (and perhaps
another intern later in the summer) as well as a location for internal and
external meetings over the next few months.  We're currently busy getting
settled in and setting up the office, and will be ready to welcome visitors
in late June; if you're interested in visiting us, please let us know, and
we'll arrange access for you.

As always, any comments or suggestions are very welcome.  We look forward
to hosting everyone here in Washington for Wikimania next month!

Cheers,
Kirill

--
Kirill Lokshin
Secretary | Wikimedia District of Columbia