[Wikimedia-l] conversations between WMF and non-English projects

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 22:33:32 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 5:09 AM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29 July 2012 22:57, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Can your masters degree in mathematics point out where in Wikimedia's
>> statement it said "all" or implied anything other than having met some of
>> Portuguese Wikipedia's top contributors? Not sure what the big deal is.
>
> The word "all" actually appeared in my email that Steven was replying
> to. He claimed that a majority of Portuguese Wikipedians being from
> Brazil contradicted my statement that not all (top) Portuguese
> Wikipedians are from Brazil. That was a straw man argument, due to
> "all" and "majority" not meaning the same thing.

confirming.. there are residents of Portugal in

http://stats.wikimedia.org/EN/TablesWikipediaPT.htm#wikipedians

but the 'majority' do appear to be Brazilian.  I cant easily see if
those top contributors attended the meetups at

https://blog.wikimedia.org/2012/03/22/brazil-meetups-march/

--
John Vandenberg