[Wikimedia-l] conversations between WMF and non-English projects

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Sun Jul 29 20:18:52 UTC 2012

> Is it really only a problem of language?
> Why should the WMF meet ArbCom members, for instance? It doesn't seem
> a suitable way to understand a community. I'm not saying that there
> are easy alternatives of course. :-)
>
> Nemo

For instance, Russian Wikipedia community is strongly divided for
already quite some time, with one fraction being systematically elected
to form the majority of ArbCom, and another fraction holding the chapter
and consequently having better access to the WMF. I just can not see who
could be the person hired by the Foundation to figure out what the
situation actually is.

Cheers
Yaroslav