[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] 2012-13 Annual Plan of the Wikimedia Foundation

Thehelpfulone thehelpfulonewiki at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 16:21:08 UTC 2012

On 29 July 2012 10:07, Risker <risker.wp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, despite my best efforts, the discussion has been redirected back to <
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_budget#2012-13>
>
> In other words, it is now on the bottom of a discussion page that has not
> been touched in 3 years simply because it says something about the WMF
> budget.  I'm sorry, but whenever we're having a discussion about $46
> million, I think it deserves its own page.  Not to mention the fact that
> this annual plan (which is a bit different than a budget) isn't even in the
> same league as the ones from 2004-2009.  Nothing on the actual Wikimedia
> budget page[1] is up to date, and it doesn't even include the links that
> Tilman started this thread with.  Perhaps a bit more budget in the area of
> community engagement is called for here.
>
> Risker/Anne
>
> [1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_budget - last edit March 2009

Just as an FYI for all, this page has now been unprotected, it appears that
it was protected a long time ago (before we had page protection logs), so
feel free to update the page (yes it's a bit of a mess at the moment).
Perhaps we should move all the old budget information to /Archive or at
least collapse it so that only the most relevant information is one there
if we are going to be using it to discuss this plan?

--
Thehelpfulone
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Thehelpfulone