[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] 2012-13 Annual Plan of the Wikimedia Foundation

Risker risker.wp at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 09:07:53 UTC 2012

On 29 July 2012 03:32, Risker <risker.wp at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 29 July 2012 03:16, Federico Leva (Nemo) <nemowiki at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Keegan Peterzell, 29/07/2012 08:29:
>>
>>  For editing, that is.  I have what I presume to be my obituary on the
>>> wiki:  http://wikimediafoundation.**org/wiki/User:Kpeterzell<http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/User:Kpeterzell>
>>>

>> The situation of WMFwiki is indeed frustrating, but could we avoid OT in
>> this thread? Unless it's a subtle strategy to make the thread useful and
>> make people go to <https://meta.wikimedia.org/**
>> wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_budget#**2012-13<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_budget#2012-13>>
>> (which I'll now try to link from the main page and what not if it isn't).
>>

> Never mind - that links to a historical page.  I have started the new page
> here:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/2012-13_Wikimedia_Foundation_Annual_Plan
>

> Risker/Anne

Well, despite my best efforts, the discussion has been redirected back to <
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_budget#2012-13>

In other words, it is now on the bottom of a discussion page that has not
been touched in 3 years simply because it says something about the WMF
budget.  I'm sorry, but whenever we're having a discussion about $46
million, I think it deserves its own page.  Not to mention the fact that
this annual plan (which is a bit different than a budget) isn't even in the
same league as the ones from 2004-2009.  Nothing on the actual Wikimedia
budget page[1] is up to date, and it doesn't even include the links that
Tilman started this thread with.  Perhaps a bit more budget in the area of
community engagement is called for here.

Risker/Anne

[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_budget - last edit March 2009