[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] 2012-13 Annual Plan of the Wikimedia Foundation

Philippe Beaudette philippe at wikimedia.org
Sun Jul 29 03:43:53 UTC 2012

<philippe at wikimedia.org>

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 7:44 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>wrote:

> It's not a very large increase on last year. It's a little tricky to make
> sure you are comparing like with like given the new way of treating chapter
> revenues and spending, but I think the right number to compare with is
> $39.2m. An increase to $46.1m is an 18% increase. That's tiny compared to
> the growth we've seen in previous years.

It also tracks fairly closely to the strategy (
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c0/WMF_StrategicPlan2011_spreads.pdf),
page 16.

pb
(who had no active role in the design of this year's plan, but did in the
design of the strategy)
Philippe Beaudette
Director, Community Advocacy
Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.