[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] 2012-13 Annual Plan of the Wikimedia Foundation

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 02:44:57 UTC 2012

On Jul 29, 2012 3:33 AM, "Béria Lima" <berialima at gmail.com> wrote:

> 46 millions?? That is a joke right? Please someone tell me that this is a
> joke.

It's not a very large increase on last year. It's a little tricky to make
sure you are comparing like with like given the new way of treating chapter
revenues and spending, but I think the right number to compare with is
$39.2m. An increase to $46.1m is an 18% increase. That's tiny compared to
the growth we've seen in previous years.