[Wikimedia-l] Apparently, Wikipedia is ugly

Brandon Harris bharris at wikimedia.org
Wed Jul 25 19:58:19 UTC 2012

On Jul 25, 2012, at 12:44 PM, Thomas Morton wrote:

> One of the key problems with the interface is that it doesn't do a lot to
> seperate editing and reading.

	This is actually something I am looking at with a powerful microscope.

	There are actually three major activities, and they should be considered "modes of operation":

			1) Reading/Exploring
			2) Editing/Uploading
			3) Curating/Patrolling

	We'll be launching (very soon now, I promise) a "Curation Mode" for new page patrolling that starts us down this path.

---
Brandon Harris, Senior Designer, Wikimedia Foundation