[Wikimedia-l] Apparently, Wikipedia is ugly

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 16:39:40 UTC 2012

Svip, 14/07/2012 16:04:
> I love it when people who have no idea what they are talking about,  [...]

I love it when someone starts a thread like this, because we always talk
about how horrible our wikis are and we end up with yet another shiny
Magnus tool which proves how amazing and open they and their community are.

Back to the article, its value is shown by puzzling truisms like this:
«Facebook -- and Twitter, and Tumblr, and similar sites -- have built
followings in part because of their exceedingly simple interfaces. They
are intuitive and, thus, inviting».
Twitter is well known for being one of the websites with the most
horrible interface ever, whose success relied on third party's apps – no
need to comment.
Facebook has been proved to be used more by necessity and habit than by
appreciation, because it has a very low (and decreasing) user
satisfaction but almost a monopoly (so far):
<http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2012/07/facebook-google-plus-survey/>.
And frankly, user-friendly? I need more manuals etc. reading for
Facebook than for our wikis, and I don't even use it.

Nemo