[Wikimedia-l] Apparently, Wikipedia is ugly

Kim Bruning kim at bruning.xs4all.nl
Wed Jul 25 13:57:58 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 09:11:57AM +0200, Gerard Meijssen wrote:
> Hoi,
> It was not a small laptop screen, the screen was big enough...
>
> I blogged about it and included screenshots.
> Thanks,
>     GerardM
>
> http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.nl/2012/07/can-everybody-read-wikipedia.html

That's default web behaviour. If you want narrower columns, just make the
browser window narrower.

* If your answer is "Some people don't know how to use a browser"... well...
  ARGH
* Else If your answer is "Lets make it narrower for everyone (including us WIMPs
  who *do* know how to use Windows Icons Menus and Pointers) whether they
  want to or not."   I KEEEEL YOU
* Else If your answer is "better DTPishlayout control in CSS, including some sane way to
  do proper columnated text": YES YES, 1000 TIMES YES!
* Else If other: Ok, go ahead, I'm listening? :-)

sincerely,
	Kim Bruning