[Wikimedia-l] Geolocalization improvement proposal

Cristian Consonni kikkocristian at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 14:32:20 UTC 2012

2012/7/25 aude <aude.wiki at gmail.com>:
> There also are infoboxes and categories that people use to indicate where
> they live.

I think this solutions has the same drawbacks of using an opt-in gadget.

> It could also be a preference, to make it private info.  (and would be nice
> to get geonotices for "home" even while I am traveling, or if I use a proxy
> or something)

I think instead this could work better than the previous because on
the first access one can review its preferences.

I also think there should be an optiont to say "please do not bother
me with geotargeted messages" i.e. an opt-out option.

Cristian