[Wikimedia-l] FAQ - Board Resolution on Personal Image Hiding Feature

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 17:57:32 UTC 2012

Bishakha Datta, 16/07/2012 18:53:
> At our in-person board meeting of 11 July 2012, the vote on this was
> provisionally recorded at 9-1, with Jimmy voting against. Jimmy has since
> changed his vote to a yes, on reviewing an FAQ accompanying this resolution
> which notes that the board is willing to approve a plan broadly backed by
> the community.

What community? Jimbo often declares that en.wiki community should rule
Commons, for instance;[1] will an en.wiki community plan be considered
enough to impose something on everyone?

Nemo

[1] Most recently:
<https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Jimbo_Wales&diff=prev&oldid=501492599>
(although ArbCom is technically controlled by himself, not by en.wiki
community).