[Wikimedia-l] FAQ - Board Resolution on Personal Image Hiding Feature

Bishakha Datta bishakhadatta at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 16:53:35 UTC 2012

Dear all,

I am happy to announce that the Board of Trustees has now *unanimously*
approved this resolution [1] rescinding our previous direction to the
Executive Director to develop a personal image hiding feature.

At our in-person board meeting of 11 July 2012, the vote on this was
provisionally recorded at 9-1, with Jimmy voting against. Jimmy has since
changed his vote to a yes, on reviewing an FAQ accompanying this resolution
which notes that the board is willing to approve a plan broadly backed by
the community.

Thus the vote on this has now been changed to 10-0.

The FAQ accompanying the board resolution on this has been published at:
Talk:Personal_image_hiding_feature<http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Talk:Resolution:Personal_image_hiding_feature>

The resolution remains at: [1]
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:_Personal_Image_Hiding_Feature
Best
Bishakha

PS - I will be on a 24-hour plane ride in a few hours, so please excuse any
delayed responses.