[Wikimedia-l] Apparently, Wikipedia is ugly

Svip svippy at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 14:04:29 UTC 2012

I love it when people who have no idea what they are talking about,
pretend to know what they are talking about, and then even worse, gets
submitted to Slashdot, because apparently they might know what they
are talking about.  But they don't know what they are talking about.

Person of ignorance in question:
http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2012/07/on-the-ugliness-of-wikipedia/259747/

Megan Garber believes Wikipedia's apparently extreme ugliness to be
scaring away people.  Because, we all know what Wikipedia is about,
it's not about content, it is about layout.  Less text and more
images.

In any case, I just thought I should let you know not to change the
layout of Wikipedia because of this article.  And if any of her
recommendations is taken into account, I may get mad.  I am looking
for a Facebook-Wikipedia hybrid.