[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Foundation Announces 2012-13 Board of Trustees and Elected Officers at Wikimania in Washington DC

Mark delirium at hackish.org
Thu Jul 12 21:53:25 UTC 2012

On 7/12/12 10:42 PM, Matthew Roth wrote:
> The Board expressed
> its great thanks to former Board Chair Ting Chen, as well as outgoing
> trustees Arne Klempert and Phoebe Ayers. Their leadership has strengthened
> and nurtured the growth of the worldwide Wikimedia movement.

A brief "me too" thanking the outgoing board members for their great
work. I've on occasion been skeptical of Wikimedia, The Incorporated
Body (not as a movement or goals, but just in the way I'm skeptical of
any growing, professionalizing/institutionalizing organization), but I
think the Board over the past few years has put forth quite a bit of
effort in making sure numerous stakeholders and goals are represented
and reconciled. I'm most familiar with Phoebe's tireless work (which is
truly impressive), but what I know of Arne Klempert's and Ting
Chen's roles is quite positive as well. So, thanks!

-Mark