[Wikimedia-l] Russian Wikipedia goes on strike

Виктория mstislavl1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 07:57:19 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 11:27 PM, Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com> wrote:

> It looks like we won again.

I don't know if we "won". The main contentious issues remain in the law,
the author of the proposed law accuses Wikipedia of being "comissioned by
a  paedophile lobby" (that again, and I don't think  she knows about Larry
Sanger's campaign) and there is an ArbCom case brewing. The Community will
be disrupted for weeks, because some people had decided to emulate EnWiki
success skipping the due process and flex a political muscle.

Victoria