[Foundation-l] Resolution:Developing Scenarios for future of fundraising

FT2 ft2.wiki at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 14:31:46 UTC 2012

Agree that "raise the maximum" is a serious concern. Perception of greed
and money focus is one. The other problem is it mandates a specific
priority on the organizers of "all" fundraising events which may be
incompatible with the best interests of the project. For example I could
"maximize" fundraising by paying less attention to other points, but those
other points may be important and need balance too.

My redraft:

"Funds are needed for current and planned operations, contingencies and
opportunities, and as a buffer for future. Fundraisers should aim to
organize fundraising with a view to efficiently obtaining sufficient funds
for these possible future needs, and should do so in a manner compatible
with and balanced against the goals of our movement."

FT2