[Foundation-l] Resolution:Developing Scenarios for future of fundraising

Joan Goma jrgoma at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 12:26:12 UTC 2012

> From: Ilario Valdelli <valdelli at gmail.com>
>

> > Why does the Board of Trustees think that WMF should raise the ?maximum
> > possible amount of money??
> > Why not ask for what is needed and nothing more?
> >

> I agree. A no profit association should raise the "opportune" amount
> otherwise there a "profit".
>
> Ilario
>

> Non profit means that the raised money will go to develop the mission of
the organization not to the pockets of its owners.

>From a mathematical point of view you can maximize the funds raised while
keeping constant the disruption or you can minimize the disruption for a
given amount of funds to be raised. But you cannot do both simultaneously.

But this is not a mathematical statement I think it transmits well the idea
of balancing both effects keeping in mind that the disruption caused is of
high importance and that the money raised is needed because we have many
ideas and opportunities to do things that need not only volunteer effort
but also some money.