[Foundation-l] Bosnia's Top Cultural Institutions Shutting Down

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 21:30:09 UTC 2012

On 7 January 2012 21:13, emijrp <emijrp at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure. If the WMF goals are to collect/preserve/disseminate
> educational content, they can start with the holdings in endangered
> cultural institutions. It is not my work, but some suggestions, from low to
> high involvement:
> * blog post exposing the events
> * a call to the museums, showing that we are concerned
> * offering wikimedia projects to host any materials they want to give
> * marathon to create related articles
> * organize a "Wiki Invades..." to take photos and notes of the collections
> * wikipedian in residence and put some money to fund some activities
> * any other high profile partnership

You realise that having raised it, you're the volunteer who gets to do
the coordination and heavy lifting ;-)

Are there any nearby local Wikimedia chapters/groups or similar groups
(CC, librarians, etc) reading this who can help?

> And read international news related to our long-term goals.

This was the very first I'd heard of it, I glance at the news ... so
thanks for alerting us :-) I see it's hit the news big time now, e.g.
http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Bosnian-closure-threatened-museum-gets-reprieve-2443605.php
and 185 similar articles on Google News ...

- d.