[Foundation-l] Bosnia's Top Cultural Institutions Shutting Down

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Sat Jan 7 21:25:33 UTC 2012

On Sat, 7 Jan 2012 22:13:58 +0100, emijrp <emijrp at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/1/7 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>
>
>> On 7 January 2012 20:12, emijrp <emijrp at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > The Historical Museum of Bosnia and Herzegovina holds 400,000
>> > artifacts.
>> > Any National Cultural Institution closing is a disaster.
>>
>> Yes, it is. So what's the game plan?
>>

> I'm not sure. If the WMF goals are to collect/preserve/disseminate
> educational content, they can start with the holdings in endangered
> cultural institutions. It is not my work, but some suggestions, from low
> high involvement:
>
> * blog post exposing the events
> * a call to the museums, showing that we are concerned
> * offering wikimedia projects to host any materials they want to give
> * marathon to create related articles
> * organize a "Wiki Invades..." to take photos and notes of the
collections
> * wikipedian in residence and put some money to fund some activities
> * any other high profile partnership
>
> And read international news related to our long-term goals.
>
> Regards,
> emijrp

May be checking with WM Serbia (I am not sure they can do anything, but it
would be good to know) and leaving a message on Serbian Wikipedia asking
for advise/clarification/actions. Everybody can leave this message, but
probably the most efficient would be to find someone who speaks Serbian.

Cheers
Yaroslav