[Foundation-l] the limits for fundraising. Was Blnk tag jokes are now obsolete.

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 18:30:21 UTC 2012

A bit of context for those who haven't been following those pages -- a
draft of those principles (going hand in hand with funds dissemination
principles) was proposed by the WMF board and submitted for community
review and input. After a few months of this, the board is now voting
to approve a final set of principles, which we are going to give to
the WMF & ED to guide future proposals for how monies are raised (not
just during the banner campaign but in general, including the issue of
chapter and group fundraising) and how funds are distributed.

Basically, the board wanted to start from a good set of principles and
go from there, to make sure anything we do fits in with general
community-vetted guidelines. We are also trying to get this process
done quickly enough that chapters and the WMF staff can plan in good
time for 2012's fundraiser (since work on fundraising generally starts
in the spring and goes the rest of the year), and in time for the
annual planning process (the annual plan is approved in the early
summer).

So yes, it is good that this discussion about fundraising mirrors that
discussion :)

-- phoebe
(WMF Board of Trustees)