[Foundation-l] Celebrating the 2011 campaign

Bastien Guerry bzg at altern.org
Mon Jan 2 12:04:44 UTC 2012

Hi Erik,

Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> writes:

> Years ago, we used to worry that people wouldn't/didn't understand
> that Wikimedia is a non-profit, that it's created by volunteers, that
> it's international/multilingual. Many misconceptions still exist, but
> for anyone paying attention, we've demolished them.

Congrats to all for this successful fundraising!

I am still observing a widespread confusion between wikipedia and
wikimedia.  The confusion is not problematic /per se/, but I guess
it can be with respect to what each chapter does for the projects.
It is by far not easy to fix this problem, but I hope it's on the
to-do list for 2012!

Best,

--
 Bastien