[Foundation-l] Blink tag jokes are now obsolete.

David Levy lifeisunfair at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 00:24:06 UTC 2012

Thomas Dalton wrote:

> I'm pretty sure I raised both these concerns last year when you ran
> similar banners and they were never addressed other than to say that
> such banners raise a lot of money (which is the point - they are
> misleading people into donating a lot of money). Could you explain how
> you justify misleading your donors in this way?

And when it was pointed out that a reference to Sue Gardner as
"Wikipedia Executive Director" was inaccurate, Zack's initial response
was "We're going to test Wikimedia against Wikipedia in the banner
right now."  (In other words, "We'll test the truth against a
falsehood to see which brings in more money.")

http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2010-December/062932.html

I find this attitude rather disconcerting.

David Levy