[Foundation-l] Oral Citations Sourcing

Castelo michelcastelobranco at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 17:11:14 UTC 2012

On 26-02-2012 11:34, Ziko van Dijk wrote:
> Dear Castelo,
>
> We are in danger to repeat ourselves.
Right, friend, let's not say same things again. xD
I'll only add, and not repeat, because i agree with you in what you
pointed below. I just think your list require some adittional items (as
my list can probably be improved, too).
> * WP is an encyclopedia, with all what that means;
* Wikipedia is a very important WMF project, but not the only one.
* WP rules only apply inside WP. The others can create their own rules,
that can differ significantly from the WP ones.
* WN is a news source, with all what that means (which includes original
reports);
* WV is a source for learning resources, as well as for conducting
original research;
> * the difference between primary sources and secondary sources is of
> vital importance (at least in the perspective of most historians).
* With our different projects working together, each one with each kind
of content, it's possible to cover many topics not yet covered,
including the Shandong's crab-catching technique, corporate info and the
Brazilian indigenous traditions. The primary sources can also be used
and secondary sources can be produced by WN and WV, and provided for
referencing Wikipedia as reliable sources, by fitting the criteria for
that.

> Kind regards
> Ziko
Amike kaj samideane,