[Foundation-l] Oral Citations Sourcing

Ziko van Dijk vandijk at wmnederland.nl
Sun Feb 26 14:34:54 UTC 2012

Dear Castelo,

We are in danger to repeat ourselves. :-) Short and simply, my statement:
* WP is an encyclopedia, with all what that means;
* the difference between primary sources and secondary sources is of
vital importance (at least in the perspective of most historians).

Kind regards
Ziko

2012/2/26 Castelo <michelcastelobranco at gmail.com>:
> On 25-02-2012 23:02, Ziko van Dijk wrote:
>>
>> As said, all the great things Oral history can be done - outside of
>> Wikipedia.
>
> Yes, it "can be done" but it's not "been made". The information is there for
> decades or centuries, and it was never registered outside of Wikipedia, and
> now we have interested people, available time and enough resources to make
> it happen.
>
> We already did a lot of things that could be made (less efficiently, indeed)
> outside Wikipedia. Let's begin with Wikipedia itself. And what about
> Wikimedia Commons?
>
> This is knowledge, and our commitment is to freely share the knowledge with
> every human being, so change the question from "Why?" to "Why not?".
>
> Castelo

Vereniging Wikimedia Nederland
dr. Ziko van Dijk, voorzitter
http://wmnederland.nl/