[Foundation-l] Anti-ACTA protest tomorrow in Belgrade and blackout of Serbian Wikipedia

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 17:01:41 UTC 2012

Tomorrow will be anti-ACTA protest in Belgrade and Wikimedia Serbia
[1], along with the guests of GLAM conference [2] from France, India,
Hungary, Italy, Czech Republic and Macedonia will be there.

There is also discussion on Serbian Village pump about blackout of
Serbian Wikipedia on one of the next days [3]. Up to the present,
there is 100% support for that.

Although I don't think that it would be necessary, there is the idea
to block access to English Wikipedia to users from Serbia if the
blackout of Serbian Wikipedia doesn't help. That means that we should
have support from WMF to do that.

P.S. Thanks to Adrienne Alix, who poked us to do that :)

[1] https://www.facebook.com/events/234759129951687/
[2] http://glam.wikimedia.rs/
[3] http://tinyurl.com/85aj92d