[Foundation-l] Fundraising Letter Feb 2012

Alice Wiegand me.lyzzy at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 9 19:17:40 UTC 2012

Hi Phoebe,

thank you for the clarification and thanks to the board for sharing
this kind of summary soon after the meeting.

On 9 February 2012 18:08, phoebe ayers <phoebe.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Lodewijk,
>
> In this board meeting we were trying to see if we had a general
> consensus on the direction we wanted to go (rather than take a final
> vote).

You describe the content of the letter as an indication. That leaves
enough room for interpretation and although I understand that you're
still in the process of finding a solution I would like to focus on
the main issues of your letter and ask if I can read the letter as:

a) Some chapters still will be able to do fundraising; criterias are
not yet fixed and need discussion.
b) The ability to fundraise should not be connected to any type of
entitlement to the raised funds.
c) Funds dissemination will be managed by a new body (Funds
Dissemenation Committee; FDC), how this will be realized is not yet
fixed in detail and needs discussion.
d) These points mark the main direction for the Board's discussions
and decision.

Regards, Alice.