[Foundation-l] "Cartman Gets an Anal Probe" English Wikipedia's featured article today

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Tue Feb 7 12:51:43 UTC 2012

> Some FAs should never be shown on the main page.
>
> Nothing in the FA criteria says anything about the subject of the
> article: such as whether the subject is of broad interest or has
> educational merit. Such criteria should be considered for choosing
> articles to show on the main page. The main page should show the best
> of Wikipedia, not the ugliest loopholes in its inclusion criteria.
>
> I was involved in some deletion debates in 2002 and 2003. Nobody knew
> at the time that if we said "OK, let's allow this" then some day the
> fancruft we were allowing would be featured on the main page, with the
> only criteria being that a fan puts enough effort into their style and
> citations.
>
> -- Tim Starling

My attention was drawn to this issue only after I had just watched,

Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy

It was so funny and good. And very informative. All cops, parents,
teachers, and especially young boys, should watch it.

Colorado, for some reason, has been the scene of several of these
incidents. Not that South Park has anything to do with Colorado, of
course.

Casting aside the infantile slogan, "Wikipedia is not censored", I think
having the pilot of South Park on the Main Page is quite appropriate; the
subject is significant.

Fred